Friday, March 04, 2011

I Just Can't Resist

Mike Huckabee, on Jamie Lynn Spears in 2007, unmarried and pregnant:
"Apparently, she's going to have the child and I think that is the right decision, a good decision, and I respect that and appreciate it. I hope it is not an encouragement to other 16-year-olds who think that is the best course of action."

"But at the same time I'm not going to condem her. There'll be plenty of people in line to do that and I always look for the shortest lines. I just hope that she will make another right decision and that's to give that child all the love and kindness and care that she can."


Mike Huckabee, on Natalie Portman in 2010, unmarried and pregnant:
"One of the most troubling things is that people see a Natalie Portman or some other Hollywood starlet that boasts of, hey look, we're having children, we're not married, but we're having children and they're doing just fine."

"There aren't really a lot of single moms out there that are making millions of dollars each year by being in a movie," Huckabee said. "I think it gives a distorted image that not everybody hires nannies and caretakers and nurses. Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and would not get healthcare."

1 comment:

Matt said...

I wonder if had the same, scathing comments when Newt Gingrich left his wife for his mistress as she lay in a hospital bed fighting cancer, or when Bristol Palin became pregnant.