Saturday, January 31, 2009

Those Dam Astronomers



I think last night was the first good friday night since before Christmas at Mansfield Dam. A little chilly, but practically no wind. The sky was pretty steady and transparent, making it a nice time to get out. I worked on some starhopping skills with my old 6" dob before returning it to Barry. Managed to jump right to the Double Cluster and M81/82. The crescent moon never disappoints in that scope either. Got my first look at Saturn this time around--the rings are closing rapidly. I'll start shooting pics as son as it's a little higher earlier.

Didn't shoot any astro pics last night myself, but gave lots of free advice to John--I hope some of it was useful! I did shoot pics of other people shooting pics though--see them here.

No comments: